Career Opportunity - Financial Planning Associate
Four Ponds Financial Planning, LLC, a fee-only firm that strives to be great rather than big, is seeking a Financial Planning Associate to support its continued growth.
The Financial Planning Associate will support the firm’s founder in delivering top-notch financial advice and service. Duties will include assisting in the preparation of financial plans for new and existing clients and responding to client service requests. Administrative work such as document scanning, data entry and account paperwork will be involved, but for the right person there also will be opportunities to learn and take on more responsibility.
We seek to provide opportunities for new entrants into financial planning field, including candidates from non-traditional backgrounds. Both career changers and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. This could be a full- or-part-time position, depending on skills and availability.
Preference will be given to local applicants with the necessary qualifications, but exceptional candidates seeking a remote position will be considered, particularly those who live in New England.
Four Ponds Financial Planning, LLC
Mashpee and Boston, Mass.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the job
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Easy going, friendly and flexible.
- Interest in becoming a lead planner within a few years.
- Desire to provide trustworthy advice, not a sales pitch.
- Relaxed but professional in attitude and appearance.
- Assist in preparation of financial plans.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and prospective clients.
- Collect, organize and scan client information.
- Assist with client onboarding, including preparation of new account forms.
- Answer routine client questions and service requests.
- Prepare client reports, maintain client databases and work with both clients and vendors.
- Update client relationship management (CRM) program.
- Help develop firm workflows.
- Maintain client privacy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Liberal arts grads who bring an interesting mix of skills and experience will be considered.
- Financial services experience helpful but not essential. An analytical mind is critical.
- Enrollment in a CFP education program within 12 months will be required.
- Passage of Series 65 exam within 12 months also required.
- Comfort with cloud-based applications, including CRM, Google Workplace, online file storage and electronic signature programs.
Things that will capture our attention.
- Progress toward CFP certification or Series 65 exam.
- Record of community involvement.
- Commitment to life-long learning.
- Interest in ESG investing.
- Starting salary range for full-time position: $48,000 to $68,000. Pro-rated for part-time position.
- Bonus potential.
- Reimbursement for CFP coursework and exam preparation.
- Flexible schedule.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with 4% matching contribution.